OutdoorArtsUK and Surge invite you to
The Power of the Possible: a Day of Outdoor Arts in Glasgow
Supported by Glasgow Life and The Merchant City Festival.
From elephants bringing capital cities to a standstill to local festivals regenerating communities, from international artists transforming landscapes to mass participation events uniting people – Outdoor Arts is a fast growing and dynamic sector.
With increasing traction with funders, this is now a strong sector in both commercial and publicly-funded arenas; the artists and festival producers have a strong track record of generating work outside of normal environments that reaches the broadest audiences and areas of low cultural engagement.
We invite you to join us at this event to experience more of the Outdoor Arts sector, hear some inspiring stories of the work, some galvanising case studies, some useful evidence of the impact and meet leading artists and producers from the sector.
Royal Concert Hall, Strathclyde Suite
- 10:30 Registration and Coffee
- 11:00 Welcome and reflection
- 11:10 Inspiration: Transforming the Streets
- 11:30 Discussion: Ascetics and Environment
- 12:15 Example: The Artist Unleashed
- 12:30 Facts & Figures: Outdoor Audiences and Social Impact
- 12:45 Example: Outdoor Arts Global Impact
- 13:00 Ends (walk to Drygate Brewery)
- 13:30 Networking Lunch
- 15:00 OutdoorArtsUK Ideas Summit
- 16:00 Outdoor Arts Marketplace
- 17:30 Drinks and Networking
- 19:00 Surge Pitch
- 20:30 Drygate Bar
- 23:00 Ends
BOOK NOW: POWER OF THE POSSIBLE (FREE)