Collette Knowles, (Rough Magic Theatre)
* Formed in 1999, Rough Magic Theatre’s work features a vibrant combination of Puppetry, Live action and Music.
* They are also known for the distinctive shadow puppet artistry of Collette Knowles (who both makes and performs with the puppets) including her extremely popular Shadow Puppet Suitcase Theatre shows.
* Collette is a graduate of the prestigious Bretton Hall College, where she first met her co-performer and future husband Tim Austin in 2001.
* Collette has created puppets/structures from withies, corrugated cardboard, papier mache, reclaimed/recycled/upcycled materials, fibreglass rods, plastezote etc. for indoor and outdoor shows, lantern, and community parades and festivals across the UK.
* She has performed/run workshops in a huge variety of settings and with a variety of ages/abilities including Youth Clubs, Schools, Theatres, Universities, Day Centres, Streets, Shopping Centres, Fields, Auction Marts etc.
* After the birth of Collette and Tim’s two children and the pandemic; Rough Magic Theatre are relaunching the business. As well as wanting to get more Street Theatre work with their existing shows, they want to make more new work and are interested in developing links with Light Festivals, Rural Touring Networks and in experimenting with using shadow puppetry with crankies and digital media/film.
Puppet Making Commissions
Shadow puppets, Shadow Puppet Theatres, Processional Puppets/Costumes, Illuminated Puppets, Rod Puppets, Backpack Puppets etc. https://bit.ly/3y1mkQJ
Shadow Puppetry (Making/Performance), Other types of Puppet and lantern workshops. https://bit.ly/3SrJoQW
With over 20 years experience making my own puppetry shows, I can give you my expertise and experience to help make the most of your puppets.
With a degree with honours in Theatre Dramaturgy, from the prestigious Bretton Hall College, and many years experience as a street performer; Tim Austin can help you out with the words and framework for your show. (https://bit.ly/3E7lfur)
"Jabberwocky!" Shadow Puppet Suitcase Show
Rough Magic Theatre brings Lewis Carroll’s epic nonsense poem to magical life!
Using shadow puppetry and live singing this is an enchanting and unusual performance for all ages!
A one person walkabout act.
Suitable for all ages
Mobile battery operated P.A. available.
Each show lasts 5-10min but can be performed multiple times in a set.